The primary function of Inspectors is to ensure compliance in accordance with Victorian Gaming Legislation and associated regulations.
1.0 Functions of Inspectors
This is accomplished by:
- Conducting Audits and Inspections of Gaming Venues
- Detecting and Investigating possible breaches of Legislation
- Monitoring the operations of Gaming Venues
- Investigating complaints
- Examining equipment, machinery and/or records relating to gaming activity
- Providing education and information to Gaming Venues on compliance requirements
- Reporting matters to the Executive Commissioner for consideration of further action such as prosecution and/or disciplinary action
Further information on the functions of inspectors can be found in section 10.5.7 of the Gambling Regulation Act 2003.